Recently I’ve been thinking about all the things I want to do. All the little and big things I would like to experience or achieve. Last year my wonderful husband took me away for a surprise holiday and in that week we did lots of things from my “bucket list”: Stroked a giraffe, went wine tasting, stayed in a cabin with a hot tub and had a spa weekend. So I have decided to compose a new list. Be warned it’s a little long and a little daft! Some are terribly cliché.
1. Run a marathon. (Don’t care which one).
2. Feed a tiger. (I Love the zoo! And I love big cats).
3. Plant a tree.
4. Visit Paris with my husband and kiss on the Eiffel tower. (Cliché I know, I’ve been a few times as a kid but never with him).
5. Take my husband on a holiday! Paid for and picked for him by me.
6. Attend a music festival. (Yep 25 and I have never been!)
7. Shoot a real gun. (I’ve only ever shot air rifles)
8. Learn to knit.
9. Try mussels. Completed 5.4.17
10. Shake hands with a member of the royal family.
11. Ride a horse.
12. Read all of Jane Austen’s published work.
13. Jump off a boat into the sea.
14. Attend an international sporting event. (I’m not really bothered which one).
15. Climb Snowdon.
16. Ride in a helicopter.
17. Have a professional make over.
18. Learn another language.
20. Ride in a canoe.
21. Fly 1st class.
22. Go glamping.
23. Stay in a cabin in the snow.
24. Run in the London marathon.
25. Read an Agatha Christie novel. completed 16/4/17
26. See the pyramids. (A childhood dream).
27. Watch the changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace up close! (You never get close enough too many people).
28. Raise £500 for charity.
29. Be able to do a handstand for 10 seconds or more.
30. Eat pasta in Italy.
31. Own a piece of tiffany jewellery.
32. Fly in a hot air balloon.
33. Drive a boat.
34. Have a makeup lesson.
35. Learn a useless skill.
36. Help someone to complete something on their bucket list.
37. See the northern lights.
38. Attend the Edinburgh military tattoo.
39. Go to Disneyland as a grown up. (I’ve been loads of times as a kid, but want to go as an adult and wear mini mouse ears!!).
40. Learn to drive.
41. Go to the opera.
42. Visit the houses of parliament.
43. Visit New York.
44. Learn to juggle.
45. Bake a birthday cake for someone I love.
46. Visit the Lake District.
47. Complete a Masters degree.
48. Visit a Scottish castle.
49. Learn to perform a magic trick. (Something little!)
50. Watch a Shakespeare play in the globe theatre London.
51. Learn to rollerblade.
52. Have a drink in an Ice Bar.
53. Save a decent amount of money. (I suck at saving).
54. Take a photography class.
55. Try out 20 different sports at least once. Completed 12/9/2017
56. Take up and learn a new sport.
57. Visit harry potter world in America.
58. Watch Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
59. Take my husband cage diving with Sharks.
60. Have my own Car.
61. Own a pair of designer shoes. (A little superficial maybe).
62. Take a spur of the moment trip with my husband. (Anywhere fun).
63. Stay overnight in the Savoy hotel in London or another landmark hotel in London.
64. Learn a rap song from start to finish.
65. Take my husband on a shopping trip and buy him whatever he wants.
66. Not drink fizzy drinks for a whole month. (Drop the pop for a little while).
67. Sew something wearable.
68. Drink a stupidly priced bottle of wine in a beautiful location. (With my husband or best friend or both!!).
69. Picnic in Hyde Park.
70. Picnic in central park New York.
71. Make homemade bread from scratch. Completed 1/9/2017
72. Go on an adventure holiday.
73. Ride in a horse and carriage.
74. Write a book. (I told you some would be incredibly cliché).
75. Create a detailed family tree.
76. Make a handmade gift for someone for Christmas.
77. Attend a murder mystery dinner.
78. Be a member of a TV studio audience.
79. Re decorate a whole house.
80. Go to an outdoor cinema or theatre.
81. Teach my dog a cute trick. (We will see about that one). completed 11/05/2017
82. Be able to play a Playstation game competently.
83. Attend an army v navy rugby game. completed 29/4/2017
84. Have my photo taken with a famous person.
85. Have a decent wine collection.
86. Read 10 world changing , challenging, classical or controversial books. (Suggestions welcome).
87. Learn to be a confident cook. Completed 22/08/2017
88. Climb a high indoor rock climbing wall. (I’ve done small ones with guides).
89. Ride a Segway.
90. Have my photograph taken by a professional.
91. Visit a temple.
92. Watch phantom of the opera in the theatre.
93. Go abroad with my best friend. (Even if just a long weekend).
94. Re pay some of my grandparent’s kindness. (I haven’t figure how I will do this yet but I will! They raised me and I what to do something amazing for them).
95. See a comedian live.
96. Do a good deed every day for a week.
97. Build a piece of furniture from scratch. Completed march 2017
98. Grow a vegetable.
99. Ice skate in London at Christmas.
100. Cook dinner in my home for my grandparents.
102. Throw someone a surprise party.
103. Make a patch work blanket. Completed 21/9/2017
104. Visit a beach I have never been to before. Completed 9/4/2017
105.Watch a play I would never have thought of watching.
106. Learn sign language. (I know lots of different bits but would like to learn it properly).
Well that’s it for now….. wish me luck.
I have had such fun completing things off this list i decided to keep adding:
Bucket list continued;
107. Visit a beach I have never been to before… in a different country!
108. Attend an England rugby match.
109. Fly a plane
110. Visit a country I’ve never been to before.
111. Start a job or career path that excites me.
112. Read a book I would not have thought about reading. Completed 25/9/2017
113. Visit a new city.
114. Design or make my own gin. (we have made wine before)
115. Go fruit picking.
116. Try paddle boarding.
117. Stroke an elephant.
118. Design my own piece of jewellery.
119. Be debt free (Yep a big en!).
120. Go whale watching.
121. Visit Jerusalem.
122. Visit the Giant’s Causeway.
123. Visit London Borough food market.
124. Go on a camping trip. (I have a mild fear of camping. I’ve done overnight as a brownie leader but never a camping holiday).
125. Attend a family reunion. ( I have always missed them in the past).
126. Make something out of clay.
127. Own shares in a company.
130. Swim with dolphins.
131. Meet a world leader.
132. Make an origami animal. Completed 18/9/2017
133. Be in a play ( I have 0 acting talent!).
134. Go to a book signing.
135. Take a mud bath in a spa.
136. visit all of the ‘G8’ countries.
137. Watch every episode of “Bewitched”.
138. Make Soup from Scratch.
139. Visit Cardiff Castle.
140. Attend a concert.
141. Go to the British Museum.
142. carve a pumpkin.
143. Go on an over night train journey.
144. Go Vegetarian for a month.
145. Have a second dog. (when we are ready to introduce a second dog to the family).
146. Watch all of the “Godfather Films”.
147. Make a Christmas cake.
148. Attach a pad lock to love bridge in Paris.
149. Design my own Dress.
150. Make a cheese cake. (boozy one of course!)