Recently I’ve been thinking about all the things I want to do. All the little and big things I would like to experience or achieve. Last year my wonderful husband took me away for a surprise holiday and in that week we did lots of things from my “bucket list”: Stroked a giraffe, went wine tasting, stayed in a cabin with a hot tub and had a spa weekend. So I have decided to compose a new list. Be warned it’s a little long and a little daft! Some are terribly cliché.
1.Run a marathon. (Don’t care which one).
2.Feed a tiger. (I Love the zoo! And I love big cats).
3.Plant a tree.
4.Visit Paris with my husband and kiss on the Eiffel tower. (Cliché I know, I’ve been a few times as a kid but never with him).
5.Take my husband on a holiday! Paid for and picked for him by me.
6.Attend a music festival. (Yep 25 and I have never been!)
7.Shoot a real gun. (I’ve only ever shot air rifles)
8.Learn to knit.completed jan 2018
9.Try mussels. Completed 5.4.17
10.Shake hands with a member of the royal family.
11.Ride a horse.
12.Read all of Jane Austen’s published work.
13.Jump off a boat into the sea.
14.Attend an international sporting event. (I’m not really bothered which one).
16.Ride in a helicopter.
17.Have a professional make over.
18.Learn another language.
19.Learn to go to sleep every night without the TV on. (My husband would appreciate this one). Completed July 2017
20.Ride in a canoe.
21.Fly 1st class.
23.Stay in a cabin in the snow.
24.Run in the London marathon.
25.Read an Agatha Christie novel. completed 16/4/17
26.See the pyramids. (A childhood dream).
27.Watch the changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace up close! (You never get close enough too many people).
28.Raise £500 for charity.
29.Be able to do a handstand for 10 seconds or more.
30.Eat pasta in Italy.
31.Own a piece of tiffany jewellery.
32.Fly in a hot air balloon.
33.Drive a boat.
34.Have a makeup lesson.
35.Learn a useless skill.
36.Help someone to complete something on their bucket list.
37.See the northern lights.
38.Attend the Edinburgh military tattoo.
39.Go to Disneyland as a grown up. (I’ve been loads of times as a kid, but want to go as an adult and wear mini mouse ears!!).
40.Learn to drive.
41.Go to the opera.
42.Visit the houses of parliament.
43.Visit New York.
44.Learn to juggle.
45.Bake a birthday cake for someone I love.
46.Visit the Lake District.
47.Complete a Masters degree.
48.Visit a Scottish castle.
49.Learn to perform a magic trick. (Something little!)
50.Watch a Shakespeare play in the globe theatre London.
51.Learn to rollerblade.
52.Have a drink in an Ice Bar.
53.Save a decent amount of money. (I suck at saving).
54.Take a photography class.
55.Try out 20 different sports at least once. Completed 12/9/2017
56.Take up and learn a new sport.
57.Visit harry potter world in America.
58.Watch Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
59.Take my husband cage diving with Sharks.
60.Have my own Car.
61.Own a pair of designer shoes. (A little superficial maybe).
62.Take a spur of the moment trip with my husband. (Anywhere fun).
63.Stay overnight in the Savoy hotel in London or another landmark hotel in London.
64.Learn a rap song from start to finish.
65.Take my husband on a shopping trip and buy him whatever he wants.
66.Not drink fizzy drinks for a whole month. (Drop the pop for a little while).
67.Sew something wearable.
68.Drink a stupidly priced bottle of wine in a beautiful location. (With my husband or best friend or both!!).
69.Picnic in Hyde Park.
70.Picnic in central park New York.
71.Make homemade bread from scratch. Completed 1/9/2017
72.Go on an adventure holiday.
73.Ride in a horse and carriage.
74.Write a book. (I told you some would be incredibly cliché).
75.Create a detailed family tree.
76.Make a handmade gift for someone for Christmas. complete 1/12/2017
77.Attend a murder mystery dinner.
78.Be a member of a TV studio audience.
79.Re decorate a whole house.
80.Go to an outdoor cinema or theatre.
81.Teach my dog a cute trick. (We will see about that one). completed 11/05/2017
82.Be able to play a Playstation game competently.
83.Attend an army v navy rugby game. completed 29/4/2017
84.Have my photo taken with a famous person.
85.Have a decent wine collection.
86.Read 10 world changing , challenging, classical or controversial books. (Suggestions welcome).
87.Learn to be a confident cook. Completed 22/08/2017
88.Climb a high indoor rock climbing wall. (I’ve done small ones with guides).
89.Ride a Segway.
90.Have our photograph taken by a professional. Completed may 2018
91.Visit a temple.
92.Watch phantom of the opera in the theatre.
93.Go abroad with my best friend. (Even if just a long weekend).
94.Re pay some of my grandparent’s kindness. Completed January 2018
95.See a comedian live.
96.Do a good deed every day for a week. Completed 10/12/2017
97.Build a piece of furniture from scratch. Completed march 2017
98.Grow a vegetable.
99.Ice skate in London at Christmas.
100.Cook dinner in my home for my grandparents.
102.Throw someone a surprise party.
103.Make a patch work blanket. Completed 21/9/2017
104.Visit a beach I have never been to before. Completed 9/4/2017
105.Watch a play I would never have thought of watching.
106.Learn sign language. (I know lots of different bits but would like to learn it properly).
107. Visit a beach I have never been to before… in a different country!
108. Attend an England rugby match.
109. Fly a planecompleted Dec 2017
110. Visit a country I’ve never been to before.
111. Start a job or career path that makes me happy completed sept/2017
112. Read a book I would not have thought about reading. Completed 25/9/2017
113. Visit a new city.
114. Design or make my own gin. (we have made wine before)
115. Go fruit picking.
116. Try paddle boarding.
117. Stroke an elephant.
118. Design my own piece of jewellery.
119. Be debt free (Yep a big en!).
120. Go whale watching.
121. Visit Jerusalem.
122. Visit the Giant’s Causeway.
123. Visit London Borough food market.
124. Go on a camping trip. (I have a mild fear of camping. I’ve done overnight as a brownie leader but never a camping holiday).
125. Attend a family reunion. ( I have always missed them in the past).
126. Make something out of clay.
127. Own shares in a company.
130. Swim with dolphins.
131. Meet a world leader.
132. Make an origami animal. Completed 18/9/2017
133. Be in a play ( I have 0 acting talent!).
134. Go to a book signing.
135. Take a mud bath in a spa.
136. visit all of the ‘G8’ countries.
137. Watch every episode of “Bewitched”.
138. Make Soup from Scratch.
139. Visit Cardiff Castle.
140. Attend a concert.
143. Go on an over night train journey.
144. Go Vegetarian for a week. ( I changed it from a month to a week!)
145. Have a second dog. (when we are ready to introduce a second dog to the family).
146. Watch all of the “Godfather Films”.
147. Make a Christmas cake.
148. Attach a pad lock to love bridge in Paris.
149. Design my own Dress.
150. Make a cheese cake. (boozy one of course!)Completed 1/March/2017
151. Go for a run in Hyde park
152. Spend New Years eve in London.
153. visit a new city in a new country.
154. Go to a casino.
155. Run in the Great North Run.
156. Visit Chester zoo.
157. Eat Haggis in Scotland.
158. Upcycle a piece of furniture. Completed 30/03/2018
159. Learn to crochet
160. Get Duke (my doggy) through his good citizenship bronze award.
161. Go Vegan for a week.
162. Visit the Roman Colosseum.
163. Own our own home.
164. Move to wales.
165. See the Golden Gate Bridge.
166. Visit a movie set.
167. Eat Waffles in Belgium.
168. Climb the Brecon beacons
169. Learn to sail.
170. Own a pair of designer jeans.
171. Stand on the Equator
172. Make a memory jar. Completed 25/02/2018
173. Go on a treasure hunt (so what if I’m 25!)
174. Become a qualified Dog Behaviourist.
175. Go snorkelling.
176. Invest and create my dream garden or ‘out door space’
177. Take an Areal skills class
178. Try Paragliding.
179. Drink tea in China.
180. Ride a camel.
181. Go Shopping in New York.
182. Go on a Cruise.
183. Spend the night in a tree house.
184. Go Stargazing.
185. Volunteer at a dog rescue centre.
186. Go an entire day without using any technology.
187. Visit Niagara Falls
188. Visit a grown up Soft play/Play Zone centre
189. Release a Floating Lantern.
190. Go Zorbing.
191. See Venice
192. Watch baby turtles journey to the sea.
193. Drink Guinness in Dublin.
194. Stand in Two countries at the same time.
195. Visit Austria.
196. Go on a shopping trip with a personal shopper.
197. Do a mud run with my Dog.
198. Visit the louvre (I’ve been as a kid and you never really appreciate it
199. Watch Macbeth on the stage.
200. Complete our wedding scrap book.
201. One day renew our wedding vows in front of friends and family.
202. Cook a whole chicken.Done 25/02/2018
203. Set up my own business.
204. Experience a ‘white Christmas’ on Christmas day.
205. Go paint balling.
206. Drink a drink from a coconut.
207. Visit the White House.
208. Tour a Battle ship
209. Visit the Roman Baths
210. Visit the Churchill War Rooms in London.
211. See Loch Ness
212. Visit Edinborough.
213. go to a Christmas Market in Germany.
214. Learn to speak some welsh.
215. Go on Holiday to Cornwell (as a grown up you never appreciate these things as a kid!.)
216. Visit the Walk Of Fame.
217. Make home made ice cream.
218. Start a Relf Family cook book/scrap book with all of mine and my husbands favourite dishes. Completed may 2018
219. Run through a fountain.
220. Own a designer Handbag.
221. Drive a tractor.
222. Visit Mexico.
223. Learn to Touch Type.
224. Try Hot Yoga.
225. Make home made Candles.
226. Learn to make soap/bath bombs.
227. Own a Bonsai Tree
228. Make a Christmas tree decoration (Like I use to away do as a kid! But obviously match nicer!!)
229. Take part in a triathlon
230. Run in 10 different Half marathon events.
231. Get my 5km time Under 27 minutes.
232. Go on a Skiing holiday.
233. Learn about wine/ wine appreciation.
234. Go fishing.
235. Attend an event at Buckingham Palace
236. Hand feed a baby animal.
237. Name a Star (not sure how you go about that one!)
238. Create my own Cocktail.
239. Make my own pasta.
240. throw a BBQ/garden party at our home
241. Visit Bondi Beach.
242. Watch Casablanca. Completed 7/5/2018
243. Be in a dog show with Duke.
244. Walk on Hot Coals.
245. Milk a cow
246. Sleep overnight in a yurt.
247. Stand under a waterfall.
248. Try glass blowing.
249. Go a week without wearing make up.
250. Bid at an auction.